Richmondshire Leisure Trust was incorporated on the 5th April 2005 and took over the running of the leisure facilities in the district of Richmondshire on the 5th April 2005. Prior to this, Richmondshire District Council ran the swimming pool facility, which opened on the 12th May 1976, with the main aim of providing a top-quality leisure facility within Richmondshire.
The Trust has grown steadily since then and currently our main products / services are:
Wet & dry sporting facilities
Quality standard of swimming lessons
Health Club & wet suite
A full programme of fitness classes
Holiday Activity Programme
We have a workforce of around 60 staff based in our facilities in Richmond, Colburn and Darlington.
The success of any organisation and that of its employees depends largely on the employees themselves and so look to you to play your part, as we shall continue to play ours.
– We have the right people on shift at the right times – Our management team is present front of house at peak times
– We recover any service shortfall as quickly as possible
– We adhere to our product templates
– There is an effective scheduled programme across the facilities
that enables members of all ages to take part in activities
– We consider the member type and usage pattern when designing the programme and timetabling of activities
– Consideration is always given to the start / stop times of activities that enable children to be safely handed into and returned from our care
– There should be a variety of classes available